RE: MOT Time!!

To: "Spifires Autox Team" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MOT Time!!
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 22:50:31 -0500
I guess it is my time now.  I totally agree with Laura.  Anytime we get our
"beloved" (ahem) government involved in anything, it winds up costing us
money and freedoms.  The government should be involved in national defense
and little else.  It amazes me what freedoms we, as a society, gladly give
up for the "common" good.  (whose definition of "common"??).  I wish we all
had to memorize and recite the constitution and the bill of rights to be
able to buy groceries.  Freedom really is just as important as food and
water.  And thanks to all you vets who have fought for these freedoms.  I,
for one, appreciate it and will do what I can to help preserve them.  Our
government today is a huge monster that we have all created.  Let's not give
up any more of our rights and freedoms than we already have.   Happy July
4th.  INDEPENDENCE day

Bill, Indiana also does not have any inspections of any sort.  I don't feel
any less safe here because of it.  I can remember when we did, and it was a
big game of "pay off the inspector"  Horn doesn't work, I'll replace that
fuse and pass you for twenty bucks.  Seesh.  I travel a lot for work and
I've seen much worse "trash" on the road in states with inspections.
Inspections don't do squat.  Just another way to "regulate" us.

I don't like it and I don't want it.  I kinda like driving my "old" cars
without emission computers and catalytic converters.

Enough politics for now, all it does is raise my blood pressure.

Bill