eBay GT6 switcheroo saga continues

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: eBay GT6 switcheroo saga continues
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 22:57:31 -0700
In good conscious, I warned the only bidder on that GT6 auction last evening
that the photo depicting the car was NOT the car that was being sold -- and
in fact the car pictured was owned by someone else.  The bidder wrote back
to thank me and also said he was going to write the seller.  The bidder
wrote me again tonight to say thank you and to let me know that he never
heard back from the seller, either, but that the pirated picture had been
removed from the seller's website and something else was substituted that
looked nowhere like the car that was originally pictured.

I just checked the website:
http://foothillspartnership.org/aitken/triumph.html  and as of 11pm PST,
there were no pictures at all.  The bidder told me that he withdrew his
bid -- something he had never done before -- and thanked me again for giving
him a heads up.

Moral of the story?  If you're going to sell your Triumph on eBay, you had
damn better well be sure that the car you're picturing belongs to you,
unless you're selling the car for somebody else.  I don't know how anyone
else feels about this, but I'm glad that I was able to help the bidder avoid
disappointment and the potential mess that would have followed once the REAL
car arrived.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!