Re: Tire Replacement Questions

To: "David A. Schenck" <david.schenck@ey.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire Replacement Questions
From: "Michael T. Altomare" <MTAltomare@Prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:02:57 -0400
David,

The stock tire size for a Spitfire 1500 is 155SR13.  This is
equivalent to 155/80R13.  I personally like the 175/70R13 size.  It is
20 mm (0.79") wider, but due to the lower aspect ratio, the outer tire
diameter is the same and you get better cornering.  I have a set of
Perelli's, but there are lots of good brands to choose from.

Michael Altomare
'77 Spitfire 1500
Kennesaw, GA