cracked paint

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: cracked paint
From: Alan Lemen <alemen@ftconnect.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 10:53:20 -0700
Folks my Spit has had a respray once over the bonnet and along the tops
of the doors above the stripes. It now has a fine cracked appearance on
the repainted part. I was going to get a respray, but I started sanding
down and noticed that where I lightly sanded the cracks no longer join
up. Also along one door top abobve the stipes it seems to have been
partially buffer back. I finished that off and have teh door all one
color again. The old paint was fine below.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so is it worth sanding down a
fraction more to remove the cracks or at least remove more and leave the
paint for a couple of years. Apart from some chips and dents the rest is
original paint and buffing up pretty good. Note the resprayed part is
not peeling away, just needs touched up at the usual place at the
headlamps.

Alan