Wheel offsets for Spitfires and GT6

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel offsets for Spitfires and GT6
From: Mike Denman <mikedenman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 17:11:27 -0700
Does anyone know what  the offset was on the OEM factory wheels (alloy
or steel) for the Spitfire and GT6? Were they the same for the Spitfire
and GT6?  Were they the same for all years?  If you fit wider rims than
stock, what does this do to the off-set, that is, do you spec a deeper
offset.  I am not worried at this point about clearances between the
wheel and fender, brake caliper etc.  What I am interested in, is
retaining the original steering geometry.  Any knowledgeable help would
be appreciated.
I'm a new subscriber so I hope this is not one of those questions that
has been discussed and answered numerous times.
Mike Denman