RE: EVER DROVE IN MONTREAL

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: EVER DROVE IN MONTREAL
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:28:04 -0700
Sounds like the dumb cop is guilty of "reckless endangerment of a civilian"
(not to mention possible entrapment) and should turn in his badge.  The
legal system here in the US would have chewed that cop up and spit him out.
He should probably consider taking a job more in line with his apparent
aptitude - like maybe as a lamp post. :-)

If I were the civilian and was in my Spitfire, I definitely would have told
that cop to "stick it where the sun doesn't shine" because no way would I
risk my Spitfire on such nonsense.  "Gee officer, for some reason I can't
seem to get my car started so I can't follow you".

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)