Re: [Fwd: EVER DROVE IN MONTREAL] boundary="------------DC19F917D4B72656

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: EVER DROVE IN MONTREAL] boundary="------------DC19F917D4B7265634044913"
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:10:28 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Fred Thomas wrote:

> About 5 years ago here in Virginia a local police was getting his A#$ kicked
> outside a bar, a fella walking down the street stopped to observe but not
> get involved, he was arrested, fined $500.00 and given 10 days, you "MUST"
> help a law enforcement officer in need of help.  "FT"

Guy must have had a rock for a lawyer.  I can give you two reasons right
off the top of my head not to get involved.
1. Concientious objection
2. no law can require you to deliberately put yourself in danger.  If a
   trained police officer couldn't subdue this guy, how could a court
   expect that some guy walking down the street could??

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |