Re: judging

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: judging
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, Jul 13 2000 13:08:14 GMT-0600
>Listers, T/R 3 in concours judging think the judges would catch a
>=alternator, electric fuel pump/w regulator, Toyota starter, (Ted S.) as not
>being original equipment or maybe it might just slip past.  <g>  "FT"

It depends.

I was recently a judge at a show and was given two catagories to judge-street
and concours. But when the head judge gave his instructions, he basically told
us to judge according to the same criteria for both-originality counts, but if
something isn't original-but well done and in keping with the charactor of the
car, that's fine. In my group of judges, we also looked at if the cars were
daily drivers-or at least driven more than just onto the trailer and off.

One thing, we were looking at a Jag Saloon that had been repainted-gorgeous
car! But the paint was a modern, clear coat and sort of flashy next to a RR
Saloon that had a more original paint style-though older paint-but very, very
nice. (It helped to that the Roller got driven and the Jag was a show queen).
We put the Rolls in first and the Jag in second.

It seems to me that most shows involving Triumphs, have these sorts of
guidelines -even for 'concours' judging. (Having judged at Triumphest too.)

Hope this helps.

And remember-HAVE FUN!!!

Laura G. and Nigel