Re: Re: Safety inspection?

To: npenney@mde.state.md.us
Subject: Re: Re: Safety inspection?
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Fri, Jul 14 2000 12:56:22 GMT-0600
I don;t think that anyone here is advocating or condoning driving a Spitfire
like an idiot. I think that most of us have become better drivers from driving
these little cars.

I was rear ended by an Alfa Milano-the front of the Alfa-gone. My Spitty? A
broken tail lens cover. (I was in a left hand turn lane, foot on the brake and
was pushed up, over the island.)

The lesson? When there are drunks on the road, there's no safe driving
technique that'll save you from them. And b.)-
while I'm not advocating dangerous driving practices in a Spitfire, glad I was
in that car and not one of those little Geos or tiny Civic 'wagons'.

A little British steel and a full frame goes a pretty good way against plastic
door panels and the cheap and fast construction of many of todays bigger cars.
(My Sentra really doesn't weigh that much more than the Spit-considering the
size of the thing.)OF course, against an SUV, not many cars have a fighting
chance, do they? (There have been a couple of horrific accidents in So. Cal in
the past couple of days-involving SUVs)

But, this doesn't mean that I'm going to go out and do a 'Bullitt'! I just feel
a bit safer in the Spit rather than the Sentra and I think that's a good thing.
People who are nervous drivers (For whatever reason) tend to make more mistakes
and _cause_ accidents.

Laura G. (Flame away!)