Re: A couple of Spitfire questions

To: "M. E. Foster" <foster_m@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: A couple of Spitfire questions
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 18:30:15 -0400
"M. E. Foster" wrote:

> I just got a '76 Spitfire 1500 and I have two questions.
>
> 1. What oil filter should I use?

  I have found that my local motor superstore can order
suitable filters in any brand you like.

> 2. A book I have says that the Spitfire 1500 uses a ZS CD4 carburetor,
>    but Victoria British only seems to offer parts and tuneup kits
>    for the CD 150. Are they interchangeable? Mine has a manual choke.

  CD-150 is correct. CD4 sounds like a typo. SU calls their carb
sizes with a single number, 4 means 1.5 inches. ZS uses the number
like 150 or 175 for 1.5 and 1.75 inches respectively.

  Sounds like somebody was "thinking" SU when they wrote that
line calling it a CD4.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca