[Fwd: A couple of Spitfire questions]

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: A couple of Spitfire questions]
From: "M. E. Foster" <foster_m@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 18:35:52 -0500
Trevor Boicey wrote:

>   CD-150 is correct. CD4 sounds like a typo. SU calls their carb
> sizes with a single number, 4 means 1.5 inches. ZS uses the number
> like 150 or 175 for 1.5 and 1.75 inches respectively.
>
>   Sounds like somebody was "thinking" SU when they wrote that
> line calling it a CD4.
>
> --
> Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
> Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca
> ICQ #17432933 http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/
> "If tugboats were bigger, they could be the boats other boats tug" -
> Ajax

The "Illustrated Triumph Buyer's guide" says it's a CD4 in two different
places. The "Hayne's Triumph Spitfire Automotive Repair Manual"
has a section on rebuilding a CD4 complete with an exploded view. The
carburetor itself has "CD" stamped on the top cover, but no other
numbers or letters. Guess I can just order the rebuild kit and see
if it's the right stuff.