Like a champ!

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Like a champ!
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Sat, Jul 15 2000 19:07:40 GMT-0600
Went downstairs to start up the Spitfire-it's been a couple of weeks since Dave
did the valve adjustment-and gave me the bad news about the u-joint.

People (jealous people?) can say all the bad things they want about my driving
a British car-but it ALWAYS starts! Even today, he started right up, warmed up
and idled just perfectly! What a champ! (Drove him around the parking a wee
bit, and very gingerly. No sounds from the u-joint. Felt fine. But, we don't
want to tempt the fates as these things don't heal themselves-as we all know!)

I must add, my old 'boyfriend'-Mr. GT6, told me the other day that he started
his GT6 up for the first time in a month or more. He was happy to report that
it started right up! (And that poor car is driven so rarely.) 'Like it always
does!' he added.

Laura G.