Re: VB's battery boxes

To: "Michael D. Nugent, Ph.D." <nugentmd@gte.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VB's battery boxes
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 08:04:59 -0400
Michael D. Nugent, Ph.D. wrote:

> VB sells two battery boxes: One appears to be metal and looks like it's
> to be welded in as a replacement for a rusted one (about $25); the other
> is fiberglass (about $50).
>
> Is the FG one small enough to fit inside the stock metal box (or is it a
> replacement for the stock one)?  Can it carry the weight of a battery by
> itself, or is it just used to catch spilled acid?

Mike you are right about the metal one. I believe the other one they sell is
a plastic liner designed to slip inside the original box and to keep any
acid away from the metal. It is  replica of a common period accessory (I
believe made by AMCO) for this purpose that was made for several LBCs. I
have them in my TR4, TR4A as well as the Spit. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /