Re: [Fwd: A couple of Spitfire questions]

To: Alan Lemen <alemen@ftconnect.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: A couple of Spitfire questions]
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:33:39 -0400
Alan Lemen wrote:

> I also have a 76 Federal 1500. Essentially if it's a single carb its the
> Zenith. SU's always came in pairs.

  Just a totally minor correction, SUs always came on pairs
on Spitfires, but not on all cars.

  As well, some people convert their cars to single
SUs, so it isn't impossible to see them out there. They
either go from one ZS to one SU, or from two small SUs
to one large one.

> Also take the old filter to the store and the adapter if it has one.
> Make sure you note which side of the adapter goes into the filter and
> heck it matches the thread. The one that was supposed to be a
> replacement for the one that was on and the normal one that I have seen
> quoted on the list did not fit.

  Agreed, that changed a lot. Case in point, my local motor
factor lists one filter for Midget 1500 and one filter for
Spitfire 1500. In reality those are the same, just depending
on the adapter fitted. My car has the "wrong" adapter.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca