Stafford - the 'Bear' Essentials

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stafford - the 'Bear' Essentials
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:40:38 +0100
Cars - Beer - Rain - Tents - and a few more cars.

Well, essentially, Baby Blue & I got there, had a good time, and eventually
got back again. I don't think I should broadcast just how long each leg of
the journey actually took me - though in my defence the return journey was
broken by a roadside consultation with the AA - nothing major but my poor
Baby Blue does need some TLC sooner rather than later - sez she after
spending the weekend at a Triumph meet. It comes to something when the car
came back worse off than before-hand!

A good time did seem to be had by all. Our camping group seemed to be the
hub of an international enclave on its own, 3 from the south coast, 2 from
Scotland, 1 from Northern Ireland, 1 from Sweden & a Welshman so, with Essex
group to the south of us, North London to the west, the Belgians to the
north and the guy with the painted toenails to the east it was quite an
event.

Oh, cars? sorry, I was talking about the social events!

Yep - there were lots of cars there!!! You didn't really expect a technical
report from me, did you? Unfortunately it wasn't as well attended as last
year but the weather, even for the UK, was pretty poor for July, very cold
on Friday with only slow improvement over the next couple of days - and
today's been glorious sunshine all day - typical!

I did manage to meet & greet the other UK listers as planned, Hi to Dean,
Bill & Phil. I know I'm a bit slow, but it was only on the journey back I
realised we never did manage to all get together at the same time anywhere -
maybe next year? I'm hoping now that they'll do a better job than me on the
vehicular highlights of the weekend.

Suzie