Re: Marvel Mystery Oil

To: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>,
Subject: Re: Marvel Mystery Oil
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:36:03 -0700
I don't know what's in it, just like I don't know what the recipe for Coca
Cola is, but they're both older than the hills and I like 'em both.  I drink
the coke and my old LBC's drink the Mystery oil.  I think however, that the
Mystery Oil is better for my car than the cola is for my body.  Recently, I
used the stuff in both my gas tank and in the engine oil.  Before I tried it
in the sump, I reported here that I had some intermittent smoke coming out
of the tailpipe on deceleration on the freeway.  I was also running rich.  I
can't credit the MMO for stopping the smoke, since it may have had something
to do with the viscosity of the oil I was using (10w40) and running rich,
but since using the MMO, switching to 20w50 and leaning out my Weber, I have
NO smoke under ANY running condition now.

The product I'M most curious about is RESTORE.  I don't need to use any, so
I won't, but everything I've heard about this product is praise.
Purportedly restores compression, stops smoking, etc.  I mean, in several
auto parts stores, I have heard nothing but unanimous praise for RESTORE
whenever I point to the shelf brimming with additives and ask "does any of
this stuff actually WORK?"

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!