OD questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: OD questions
From: A666K@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:37:35 EDT
Hey All,
A few more questions about the new overdrive;
If you would be kind enough to look at part#NKC87 on the lower diagram at
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/spitfire/catgifs/17ax.gif
the upper stud holes are not completely surrounded by the gasket. What is
supposed to hold the oil in? my OD is weeping oil from the crack in the split
washer on that upper stud. Should I use gasket sealer before I put on the nut
and washer? (the bolt is all I am taking off, I do not plan on opening the OD
unless absolutely necessary). Also in that same diagram there is a nut, a
split washer, and what appears to be a regular washer. Is that washer steel
or rubber?
TIA,
Avi