Lucas amp gauge

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucas amp gauge
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:28:59 -0700
Listers -
Does anyone know of a source for Lucas gauges, specifically amp gauges.
The Smiths line carried by UK's unlimited, etc isn't what I'm looking for.
The only gauges that I have seen that they make are downward pointing ones.
 I was just outbid at the last moment on ebay (drat should have put in a
larger bid!) by what would have been a perfect NOS Lucas -50/0/+50 upward
pointing meter, white lettering, white pointer, same size etc. and was
wondering if anybody new of a source for something similar.  That gauge
would have been PERFECT, and I didn't even know that they made one like
that.  I want something that looks almost identical to the (smiths) British
gauges that are in there now rated at least 50 amps, in other words I don't
want it noticeable (without getting close) that a different gauge is in one
of the gauge mounting places
Any leads?

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)