Re: Hurumph in the right rear wheel

To: "Jeff Gruber" <jgruber@demainsoft.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hurumph in the right rear wheel
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 07:25:44 -0700
Jeff,

The positive camber (wheel droop) is perfectly normal and to be expected.
Sounds to me as if the tire is rubbing on something in the rear, slightly.
But you say that it's gone when coasting in neutral?  Whoops!  And it didn't
do this before the tire change?  Sounds like it could be a u-joint, but
maybe someone else has a better answer.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!