clutch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:50:07 -0400
O/K, after changing the slave cyclinder once, and the master cyclinder
twice, she is working O/K now, after 2 phone calls to Brian Schlorff, he
said I had 1 of 2 problems, either a bad master cyc. or the small clip
spring at the rear of the master cyclinder was not working, and letting air
seep back into the reservoir, well it was both of these, the owner/mechanic
left the spring clip out, and the M.C had a very small groove that was
letting air seep through, 5 days and 2 nights, I now have a nice car again,
and thats great because going to NAPA for silicone brake fluid, I somehow
blew the donut gasket on the spitfire, so I now have the 3 to fall back on
for a couple of days. I have no idea how I left that spring out, but, thanks
to Brian's experience and kind help, the problem is solved, thanks to all
who responded, again the people on this list are the greatest help a
hobbiest ever had.  "FT"