hub puller

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: hub puller
From: david <engstrom@tstonramp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:47:50 -0700
     I  e-mailed TSSC for a catalog and recieved it within a week. I
then ordered their rear axle hubpuller and got it within two weeks. I
have a rear axle with bad bearings that I pulled from my 1500 and
replaced with a good used one.  I bolted the puller up to the axle hub,
put  a 1 1/8 inch socket on the large bolt (threads greased with
molybdinum disulfide grease), put a pipe wrench on one of the "corners"
of the puller to keep it from turning, put a 2 foot cheater pipe on both
the pipe wrench and socket wrench for increased leaverage, and then I
turned the bolt and "pop!" the hub came right off! While I have only
pulled the hub off this one axle I am now a believer in this tool. It is
simple but well made. I am not a member of TSSC. I have an original
Triumph factory repair manual which shows a picture of the factory hub
puller and the TSSC hub puller looks at least as good as the original in
design. Just thought I'd post this for the info.

thanks, David