Re: removing differential

To: "Huw Upshall" <hupshall@triumphcars.com>,
Subject: Re: removing differential
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 08:22:18 -0400
If you know the spring is not in contact with the top of the diff (wedged in
the little groove)
then it sounds like it's just stuck. It sounds like you've disconnected all the
right stuff.
Check one of the ears of the front mount flange for an exhaust pipe hanger
clamp bolt.
If some one puts a long one through there it can hang up.

You should be able to get something in there and wedge down the front of the
diff. (crowbar/breaker bar) That will pull the two 'ears' out from between the
vertical frame members.

If some past DPO didn't assemble the rear top mount long bolt correctly, you can
somewhat deform the frame members (through incorrect tightening, too loose or
too tight
which can let the diff move around)  pinching in the mount ears that are part
of the diff
casing.

It should almost want to fall out on its own. (... if you really do have
everything
unbolted.)    :-)

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com