Intermittant stalling

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Intermittant stalling
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 08:58:47 -0400
Over the past 3 or 4 days, I've had an incident where driving my
spitfire...where the car just seems to lose it's power and stalls out.

It doesn't appear to happen any place in particular (up or down hill), or at
any specific speed .
This morning, it happened again. The car felt like it was losing power, so I
coasted into a near by parking lot, and tried to give it a bit of throttle
and then choke, but the Revs slowly continued to drop until it finally hit
around 400rpms and then konked out.

In every incident, I turn off the ignition, and restart the car and it
starts right up. And it takes throttle fine, and I'm on my way.

I'm thinking it might be my electronic fuel pump. (I can't hear whether or
not it's running when the car is running due to the monza exhaust). It (the
fuel pump) definately kicks on when I turn the ignition on.

Any clues as to how I can diagnose this? (assuming it happens again, and I'm
sure it will...it's a Triumph after all).

Terry L. Thompson
Still praying for a job in Flagstaff
'76 spit 1500