Re: trans tunnel noise

To: "1784T2Y4DY" <1784T2Y4DY@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: trans tunnel noise
From: John Goethert <john@triumphspitfire.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 09:45:42 -0400
It is probally the motor (transmission) mount. There is one on each side of
the transmission almost even with the shifter. They are made of rubber and
often rot/tear over time. Good news: they are very easy to change and are
cheap. Bad news: they are hard to get to. You will probally have to remove
the trans tunnel. You can replace the trans tunnel (the cardboard thing)
since you mention it is degrading also.  Also a good time to change trans
fluid and rebush the shifter. Both cheap and easy jobs that are so easy
with tunnel out.
John