Brake Master Reservoir leakage

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com
Subject: Brake Master Reservoir leakage
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 11:57:09 -0400
Hi All,

The tandem brake fluid (fluif?) reservoir on my '79 Spitfire leaks
underneath, where the plastic fits into the metal cylinder.

Yuk.

I don't see specifically how this seals, from looking at any of the parts
catalogs I have.  ISTR from when I rebuilt the cylinder two years ago, that
there are o-rings there.

Has anyone successfully addressed this problem without rebuilding the
entire cylinder? I get the feeling (again from memory) that the reservoir
o-rings were not in the rebuild kit anyway.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA

"Insanity is my only means of relaxation."