Interesting item on eBay web site item#391394686: Triumph : Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#391394686: Triumph : Spitfire
From: laura.g@141.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 20:25:05 PDT
Here's one you all might have missed.

Laura G.

Title of item:  Triumph : Spitfire
Seller: john.a.maccalus@worldnet.att.net
Starts: Jul-24-00 18:50:35 PDT
Ends:   Jul-29-00 18:50:35 PDT
Price:  Starts at $1,050.00
To bid on the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=391394686

Item Description:
        My Sweet Little Spitfire!
1993-Tranny was replaced
1994-Engine rebuilt (has a little less than 20,000 miles)
1995-Taken off the road and garaged
1996-New convertible top
Started once a year since then! Electronic ignition and new (one year)
sheepskin seatcovers.
Now the little thing has been outside for the past year in the healthy salt air
of the fabulous Jersey Shore and rust is encroaching: edges and ends of bonnet
and boot, brake disks, etc.; underside and floor boards (has holes through);
doors, etc., and, after all, it is Lucas Electric (take emery paper to the
light bulb terminals).
Sale also includes a myriad of new and used spare parts, extra tires and rims,
manuals and decals, a tonneau cover, all that I have been collecting over the
last 5 or 6 years in anticipation of a restoration.
Buyer is responsible for all shipping arrangements and costs. I will help as
much as possible. Payment must be completed (checks cleared, etc.) before car
leaves my premises. Successful bidder purchases on a "as is; where is" basis.
VIN# D FM99903U.
She needs a better home than I can provide!

        Visit eBay, the world's largest Personal Trading Community at
http://www.ebay.com