Re: carb tuning question

To: <SpitfireKP@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carb tuning question
From: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@direct.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:33:16 -0700
I suggest that you disconnect each end of the throttle cable and inspect the
ends. If the cable itself is frayed, even one broken little wire can hang up
in the outer cover and affect whether it returns all the way or not. This
would change the idle.
BTW, my Spits have the throttle return spring at the carb, and another one
on the gas pedal.
This may correct the inconsistency and then someone on the list more
knowledgeable than I (which isn't tough) can help from there.
One other thing, before spending time on the carb, make sure the ignition
system is OK (points, plugs, condenser, timing, rotor, cap), vacuum lines
have no leaks, and that manifold(s)nuts are tight.
Good luck
Nick Moseley, 2 78's, 1 '76, in various states of repair
N. Delta, BC