Re: Ebay Triumph PI Warning: successful followup!

To: Anthony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: Ebay Triumph PI Warning: successful followup!
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Wed, Jul 26 2000 13:23:03 GMT-0600
Thanks Tony.

I saw Bert Bennett last night at out monthly Triumph meeting-he had a wonderful
slide show of LBC goings on from his English trip. And a trivia quiz! (BTW-at
one of these gatherings, there was a triva contest-and he won! The Brits were
all,'A Yank!'

I understand that he has a collection of almost every model Triumph! Including
a Standard or two! One of these is the only example in the U.S. And I can't
remember which-but the story was this 'so ugly it's charming' sedan was brought
over for a New York auto show way back when. Was then taken by a dealership to
sell (I guess Triumph/Standard didn't want to pay to ship it back!). It then
was in storage for years and then the owner _gave_ it to Bert-with the
understanding that it would be restored (It's in the process now.)

A really fascinating slide show-only waaaay too short!

On a note-I was at the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles a few weeks
ago. Meguiar's gives out this huge trophy every year to the 'Enthusiast of the
Year'. THe founder of the museum is the winner for this year. In the past
there's the names of millionaires and people like Jay Leno. (A millionaire).
But, it's the average, guys like the Bert Bennetts and the Brad Kahlers who
might not have hangers full of cars and their own mechanics at their beck and
call-but who do so much to keep their marques alive who really deserve the
kudos.

Ok. Off my soapbox-and raise a pint to all of you!

Laura G.