Re: Slipping O/D

To: A666K@aol.com
Subject: Re: Slipping O/D
From: mark holbrook <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:34:10 -0700 (PDT)
I have had this problem before.  First you want to
make sure that the oil you put in is not like slick 50
or something that is very slick.  The O/D needs
friction with the oil to engage and keep the o/d in.
I put in some oil from TRF that is like the hypoid
that I used to use but its better for the synchros.
If is still slips the problem could be in the oil
pressure in the trans which is expensive or jst old
belts that don't grap hard anymore.
Mark
--- A666K@aol.com wrote:

> Hey all,
> The other day I noticed the O/D slips under hard
> accel. in 2nd, especially
> when colder. I recently put in RedLine MT-90 fluid,
> and suspect that is the
> problem. Checked the archives and saw a survey done
> on O/D fluids, but
> couldn't find a conclusion (Joe?). There was mention
> about fluids causing
> slipping though. A friend with a Jtype O/D but in a
> TR6 claims slipping using
> of Hypoid 90 gear oil. Any recommendations in
> general? Anybody else using a
> RedLine product in a Jtype O/D?
> TIA,
> Avi