THANKS for the virus assist

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: THANKS for the virus assist
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:08:02 -0700
Greetings all,

I just wanted to offer my sincere thanks to the half-dozen or so listers who
responded promptly to my plea for help with the KAK virus that affected my
computer yesterday.  Some provided very detailed, step-by-step instructions
for removing the worm -- others provided direct links to other sites that
described it and removal procedures.  I was up until 2am, but I got it out
and restored everything to as it should be and downloaded the security patch
from Microsoft for my e-mail client.

You guys have been invaluable in your support of my Mk3 projects, and I was
VERY grateful for the assist last evening with the virus.  That's the first
one I ever received -- after being very careful -- or so I thought.  To
anyone I've exchanged e-mails with lately -- if you didn't get his with this
thing yesterday, then I guess you're okay -- but please run your anti-virus
software just to be certain.

Thanks again.

Jeff in San Diego