radiator cleaning

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: radiator cleaning
From: J Constantino <jjcon2@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 13:08:09 -0700 (PDT)
--0-1957747793-965419689=:10305

Hi List:

My car is apart for a rebuild and I am about to tackle the radiator.  Before I
repaint the outside ( with Eastwood rad paint), I was wondering if anyone has
any good methods for cleaning the scale and mineral deposits out of the core.
It worked OK before I took the car off the road and there wasn't an excessive
amount of visible crud in the tanks, this is just a preventative cleaning.

I was thinking of filling it with vinegar and letting it soak for a day or two.
 Seems like the mild acid might help loosen the unwanted crud up.

Anyone know of any other proven chemical soups I might try or have any dire
warnings?

Jason, GT6+

---------------------------------
--0-1957747793-965419689=:10305

<P>Hi List:</P>
<P>My car is apart for a rebuild and I am about to tackle the radiator.&nbsp;
Before I repaint the outside ( with Eastwood rad paint), I was wondering if
anyone has any good methods for cleaning the scale and mineral deposits out of
the core.&nbsp; It worked OK before I took the car off the road and there
wasn't an excessive amount of visible crud in the tanks, this is just a
preventative&nbsp;cleaning. </P>
<P>I was thinking of filling it with vinegar and letting it soak for a day or
two.&nbsp; Seems like the mild acid might help loosen the unwanted crud
up.&nbsp; </P>
<P>Anyone know of any other proven chemical soups I might try or have any dire
warnings?</P>
Kick off your party with <a href="http://invites.yahoo.com/";>Yahoo! Invites</a>.
--0-1957747793-965419689=:10305--