Worn HS4 Throttle shafts

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Worn HS4 Throttle shafts
From: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:57:14 -0400
I have worn throttle shafts on my HS4s which I know I need to address sooner
or later, but I am trying a "band-aid", and I was wondering if any other
lister had attempted a similar thing without catastrophic results:  I put a
small Oring on each outer Tshaft, with the  hope that it will cause more
predictable airflow (particularly at lower RPMs.

I probably won't be driving for a couple of days (putting in a speedo
cable), but I will report to the list if this is worth doing.

Mike Perry
72 spit