Spit MK3 Dash Warning Lights question

To: "TRIUMPH LIST" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Spit MK3 Dash Warning Lights question
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:58:41 -0400
Hello All,

I am please to report that all my lights are now connected properly and
work! Thanks to all who helped!  But this is not the end of my electrical
"quest".  Neither my Haynes, Bentley or original workshop manual seem to
indicate the location or purpose of the many dash components. In my '69
Spit, there is two big red warning lights in the top center of the dash (one
between the gas and oil pressure gauge, and one between the oil pressure and
the temp gauge).

I already know that the left one is the four-way flasher indicator (which
works now!) but what is the right one for.  In my case, it is always on
(when the key is turned).  My guess was that it was the brake failure
warning light but yesterday Saturday I found out that my battery is not
being charged by the generator/alternator (which one is suppose to be in
this car anyway?).  So now, I think it may also be the warning light for the
gen/alt.  Which one is it?

Again, TIA

P.S.  Thanks Jeff for your great webpage.  I'm currently doing the same
temporary fix to the floors than you did (which BTW are just a little worst
than Mrs. Jones's were!).  I'll let you know how mine turns out.

Steph
Ottawa, Canada
'69 Spit - Hers (Now lighted like a Christmas Tree - until the battery goes
dead!!!)
'71 TR6 - Mine (Disappearing slowly under a pile of boxes!!!  :-(  )