radiator paint

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: radiator paint
From: J Constantino <jjcon2@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 21:41:04 -0700 (PDT)
Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer were not my favorite
courses in school, but if I remember correctly the
emissivity value for a flat black surface was the best
for shedding heat by convection and radiation.

So while copper fins might look cool, they won't cool
as well as black (as long as the paint doesn't act as
an insulator.)