Re: radiator paint

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: radiator paint
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 13:06:32 -0400
But it works both ways with the emissivity.

You should paint the back of the radiator white so that it adsorbs
less head from the even hotter engine, and paint the front black
so it radiates more heat to the cooler grille and outside of the car.

Here's an interesting experiment:  Take two metal boxes.  Give
one a shiny, polished surface, and paint the other white.
Leave them out in the sun.  Which gets hotter, and why?

Doug Braun
'72 Spit