RE: Car cleaning idea

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Car cleaning idea
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 12:39:40 -0700
Sounds good but I would let the sun beat down on the car (or a sample of
painted metal with the Murphy's soap on it) for a lot longer than a couple
of days to better judge the effects.  Many compounds that seem to improve
the appearance of a painted surface only do so for a relatively short period
of time and will actually cause the paint to deteriorate at a more rapid
rate.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)