Rad Maint, Demister motor and TR5 stripes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Rad Maint, Demister motor and TR5 stripes
From: J Constantino <jjcon2@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:14:29 -0700 (PDT)
Dear List:

Thanks to all who responded about my question
regarding radiator cleaning.  The solder on one of the
nipples was shrinking/ pulling away, so off to the Rad
shop it went.  It wasn't leaking when I took it off
the road, but it sure looked like it was about to
start.

I would like to lube the bushings/bearings in my
blower (de-mister) motor.  The little cylindrical
spring clip that squeezes the fan onto the shaft has
no obvious tool holds.  Any advice on how to get the
more brittle than new plastic fan off without cracking
it?

On the back are 3 rivets I hope not to drill out and
(2) small screws, look to be #8, will removing either
of those grant access to the innards?

Last, do any TR5 or GROUP 44 fans know the width of
the strips that run across the nose?  I'm thinking of
doing a very subtle version in pearl clear coat.

Thanks.

http://invites.yahoo.com/