Re: 1000 - 1184 - 1248

To: "Patrick Baize" <speedracre@netzero.net>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1000 - 1184 - 1248
From: "Michael T. Altomare" <MTAltomare@Prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 19:03:59 -0400
The number is the speedometer's calibration factor.  It stands for the
number of speedometer cable revolutions needed to advance the odometer
1 mile.  (Also, the same number of revolutions/minute will make the
speedometer read 60 mph.)  My '77 1500 has a 1000 speedometer.  It
does not matter on that model if the tranny is an overdrive or not, as
both are used with the 3.89 differential.

Michael Altomare
'77 Spitfire 1500
Kennesaw, GA