1000 - 1184 - 1248

To: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1000 - 1184 - 1248
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 19:29:21 -0500
Ok All

    As y'all know , I replaced my 74 1184 Speedo with a 1000 speedo, My
speed is off, reads high.

    And this is due to my 74 spit having an overdrive and the 74 spit
that I got the 1000 speedo from , does not have an overdrive. I also
have an angle drive coming off the transmission.

OK   So I took my 1184 speedo apart and found parts laying around
inside. looked pretty straight forward to put it back together except
for a spring.

I go up stairs and un wrap my other Speedos, so I can see where this
spring goes.   I have a 1248 Speedo that came out of my NON Overdrive 63
Spitfire( that I am restoring.)

The other speedo came out of a NON Overdrive 1972 Spitfire that I
chopped up for parts ( Don't worry, A totally un restorable rust
bucket)    GUESS WHAT THE NUMBER IS ON IT?   Your right  --  -- 1184.

Now I'm really confused,   What do the numbers mean?!  Does anyone have
an answer?

Anyway the 72 NON Overdrive 1184 Speedo is going into my 74 Overdirve
Spitfire.

THnx
Pat

PS I fixed up my web page a bit  63 Main and Motor now have better pics
that you can make larger.
63 Spitfire
74 Spitfire
71 Stag