Re: Gearbox cover - replace?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gearbox cover - replace?
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 20:57:35 EDT
If you're cheap like me, I got good results with that foil tape
carefully reinforcing splits 'n' cracks.  For the sound deadening
material inside the cover, I stapled a piece of plastic sheeting over
it to keep it from falling out and/or becoming further oil soaked.
After installing the cover, I ran a thin bead of caulk around it and
then duct tape to seal it.  None of this, of course, shows under the
carpet.  And I don't get any undue noise or moisture through it ...

If you're not cheap (like me), buy a Wonder of the Space Age Plastic
cover from any of the major suppliers.

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire

On Wed, 09 Aug 2000 15:15:29 -0500 Jeff Gruber <jgruber@demainsoft.com>