Foot rest (dead pedal etc.)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Foot rest (dead pedal etc.)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 06:44:27 -0700
>The pedal arrangement is the same on both sides but the wells are not
symmetrical.  There really isn't enough room on a left hand drive
>car to put such a foot rest.
Sure there is.  I've had one on mine for over twenty years.  It's just a
bent piece of metal I made way back then and it's fastened to the lower
floor pan where it forms sort of a frame where it rises vertically for a
couple of inches and then extends horizontally for a couple more on the
left side.  It's attached with a couple of sheet metal screws.

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)