Re: master clutch cylinder - too soon to declare victory

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, jgruber@demainsoft.com
Subject: Re: master clutch cylinder - too soon to declare victory
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:02:15 -0400
Not all rebuild kits are the same.  Quality and fit vary greatly.  There was a
discussion about this in the group
a year or two ago on this, particularly the brake master cylinder rebuild kits.
 Something about it being the
same kit for the TR6 which had a slightly larger bore, so the kit was tight on
the Spitfire, and lose on the
TR6, or something like that.

Anyhow, I'd suspect you've got a kit with the seals just a wee bit to large.
You may wish to get yet another
rebuild kit and try again.  I'd suggest SpitBits myself.  The things I've
gotten from them have been good
quality, and an excellent price.  This includes some hydraulic rebuild bits.

You may very well want to check with some of the regular type of auto parts
stores on getting a new or
rebuild clutch master cylinder though.  They're only something like $40.00 if
you step away from the likes
of Vicky Brit and such.