HS4's ona '75 Spit Great! Dizzy curve changes

To: <nass@egroups.com>, <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>,
Subject: HS4's ona '75 Spit Great! Dizzy curve changes
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:04:53 -0400
Well after a tedious 2 hours I believe I like the way they are balanced.
throttle stops, choke, high idle steps...all look/feel  great to me.

My floating idle....  got rid of that flaky vac. retard..

The vac retard unit was not hold a vac between 0 and -10psi. It would 'bleed
down'
Below -10psi it would hold fine.
So... while mildly accelerating 95-10 psi vac) the ignition timing would float
around +/- 5 degrees.
the hole must seal up above 10 psi of vac because at these levels it will hold
the position.

(numbers off the top of my head...may be wrong... but good for ident. here at
least)
I stole the vac advance unit of a 80957 dist and put it on the 81953 that was
in the car.
The one with the elecs right on the side of the dist body.

The 8095

The 81953  has a 6 degree advance plate (12 degree crank)  in it. elecs on the
side of the dist. In car... has drive dog on it which I can't seem to drive the
pin out.
The 80957 has a 10 degree plate (20 degree crank ) with an external elec box,
4 point metal trigger disk ... no drive dog attached.

HOW DO YOU GET THAT PIN OUT OF THE DRIVE DOG ON THE END OF THE DIST?!!????

I can't get the drive off one dist so I can play with the advance weights.

any ideas anyone?

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com