Sort of almost free STUFF

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sort of almost free STUFF
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:37:42 -0400
I have some stuff which I have no use for, and I'm looking to get rid of.
The cost to whomever wants the pieces are $2.00 (to compensate me for boxes,
packing materials and the gas it's going to take to get me to the PO) PLUS
you must pay for shipping. Just email me to reserve the item until payment
is received. (First request gets it.) I'll email you back to let you know if
it's yours or if someone else asked for it first.

The list of stuff I have is pretty small, but it's taking up all of this
space in the apartment. I dread throwing away perfectly usable stuff. Most
items will cost between $3.50 and $4.00 to ship via USPostal Service.
The wheel/tire and the verticals (I can't hazard a guess at this point as to
what they would cost. I think the last wheel and tire I shipped was between
12 and 15 dollars via UPS).

The stuff:
-1 stock steel spitfire rim, black with the oval holes not the slots. Has a
Goodyear T-metric 175/70R13 tire with under 2k miles on it (60k mile tire).
-1 pair of spitfire front verticals, hubs, rotors (used), calipers, and
spindles. (I upgraded to GT6 verticles, calipers etc) Nothing wrong except I
can't get the original tie rods out of the steering links. If someone wants
these, I suggest you buy/rent a tie rod fork. They are heavy and cost of
shipping will probably be more than these are worth.
-2 fan/waterpump belts (I always kept an extra in the trunk, but don't need
them now that I switched to a delco unit.) I know. They cost $5.99 at the
local shop, but you get two of them for $2 plus whatever it costs to ship
($3.50?)
-1 Olympus 50watt x 2 channel (10" x 5" x 2") Amplifier from RadioSmack
(someone stole the radio out of my car, so this doesn't serve a purpose, and
since I'm not in the business of supplying the local drug addicts in the
neighborhood with fodder, I'm not planning on putting another one in.. I
FORGOT TO SAVE THE FOUR PRONG HIGH POWER speaker coupler, when I ripped out
all of the wiring. Sorry!
-1 pair of 3.5" (2" deep) Sony X-33 two-way (tweeter-midrange) speakers
40watt max. (one of the paper cones has a puncture hole in it (long story)
but still sounds fine. They fit well just about anywhere in the car.
-1 waterpump thermostat housing cover for a mid 70's spit 1500. Painted
(brownish grey?) aluminum
-1 driver's side, early 70's square door mirror. Steele/chrome?
-1 Heater valve & the mounting bracket that controls the flow of water into
the heater Core (for environmentals)
-1 set of KEM MAG PLUS plug wires, 7mm, yellow with black boots (Gold
silicone jacket, stainless steel core). They look too long to be on the car,
but they were ordered for and according to KEM are correct for the 1500
spitfire. I went back to the LUCAS ones after a week of using them (I
couldn't tell the difference).
-1 pair of rubber anti-sway bushings (just the two cylindrical ones  that
mount the antisway bar to the chassis.) I got a set of Poly bushings and
never used these.
-1 valve cover gasket, cork (never used obviously)
-1 Windshield Washer Bottle/reservoir and bracket (I use Rain-X. The wiper
motor and the heater core will probably come out next...but I may stick
those on Ebay or the all Triumph Auction.)
-1 Pre-heater valve for the air 1500 air-canister. It's the metal pre-heater
(with the flap) plus the rubber hose connectors that connect it to the
air-canister and to the pre-heater hose (Hose to exhaust not included.) Used
it for one winter (4 mos.) and then removed it.

Anything not asked for by Friday is in the dumpster. (So if you want it
REALLY free, come by the apartment complex dumpster on Friday and go
diving!)

That's all for now. Thanks,
Terry L. Thompson
'76 Spit 1500