More Help Needed

To: "Spit Elist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Help Needed
From: "Ken C" <sdspitfire@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:00:38 -0700
OK, just finished jacking the Spit and checking all the suggestions. Hey, I
can jack that baby up, get those stands in, and check stuff out in a hurry
!! (VBG)

Can't find any interference inside the brake drum, no shiny spots, clean.

With the wheel off, jack up the vertical link, quiet as can be, no noise.
The axles are not hitting anything. They are painted black - no scratches,
the paint is intact. Can't find any contact points between brake lines,
emergency brake, etc.

GRRRRRR !!

Has anyone had any experience with the bolt-on wire wheels ? Could they be
the problem ? I have rotated them, and tapped each spoke. They all 'sound'
reasonably tight.

Can the strap-type driveshaft make noise ? I replaced several straps with
some made at a local machine shop. Wouldn't it make noise with the wheels
off the ground ?

Anybody got a really large hammer !!

Ken C
'72 Spit