Re: Distributor vacuum advance again

To: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@earthlink.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Distributor vacuum advance again
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:42:44 -0400
I think you are right about the vacuum connection.
When I got my car about 8 years ago, I needed a new retard unit.
I was lucky to find a used one at a wrecking yard.  It
may be harder to find one now.

Did you try simply leaving the vacuum advance disconnected (and
the port on the carb plugged), and setting the advance to 8 degrees btdc?
That is essentially how my car runs now, after I replaced the Stromberg
with SUs.

Doug Braun