differential alignment

To: "Spitfire Mail List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: differential alignment
From: "Edward Hamilton" <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:18:39 -0400
Well, the frame is back and its looking very good.  BRG, if anyone is
interested.  Next problem -- the frame is dead straight with no twists.
I've run diagonal lines (from the mounting points) and they intersect the
centerline perfectly.  I've mounted the differential and find that the
pinion flange is about 1/2" or so off center.  The diff. isn't up tight as
yet, but I don't think it's going to move easterly when I tighten it up.
I've never checked one before, but I assume the flange should be along the
centerline?

Regards,
Ed