Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmision

To: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmision
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 05:12:49 -0700 (PDT)
What kind of availability on that tranny? Durability?
What ratios does it contain?

Seeme to me you will have at least these issues:

1)Have to either machine the bell housing, or make an
adaptor.

2)Would the Hyundai clutch disk fit inside the Spit
pressure plate?

3)Machine the input shaft bushing to fit the Hyundai.

4)Driveshaft adaptation, does the Hyundai use bolted
on U-joint flange like Spit, or sliding splined yoke?

5)Transmission mounting to frame.

6)Shift lever location and shifter mechanism.

7)Speedometer drive and ratio.

Could be worthwhile, I like to be able to shift my
Spit into 5th when cruising.

Carter