Re: SU HS-2 Question

To: Chris Sharp <sharpc@interaxs.net>,
Subject: Re: SU HS-2 Question
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 05:32:52 -0700 (PDT)
The smell of fuel is a clue.
I believe that the SU are very sensitive to fuel
pressure, ~3 psi is recommmended ISTR.

Try this:

1) Install new (or *clean used*) set of plugs
2) Warm up the car by driving around, carefully so as
not to have the problem occur.
3) Bring your tools, find a clear open space to test.
4) Drive the car to create the problem, but as soon as
it happens, cut the ignition.
5) Pull over, pull the plugs, look for rich/lean.
6) Look for evidence of fuel bowl overflow.

Also check vacuum line attachment, etc.

Good luck!

Carter