Re: Distributor vacuum advance - a follow up question and not as longas

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Distributor vacuum advance - a follow up question and not as longas Paul's
From: "L&B Lubbers" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:43:18 -0400
>L&B Lubbers wrote:
>> Trevor B, suggests that the ZS carb can not be used with a 25D
distributor
>> (or with any other vacuum advance unit) as it "...will behave oddly when
>> connected to the same vacuum line that the vacuum retard was. (different
>> vacuum signals at different times)"

Trevor B. replied:
>Just to clarify, I am not saying that the ZS carb can not be
>used with a 25D distributor. Just that you can't use them stock
>by hooking up the same wires, you have to rethink a few things.
>
>  If these are the bits you have, there is no reason you can't
>make them work satisfactorily with a few head scratchings and
>some thought.

I guess I should have prefaced my comments with the fact that my car appears
to be running fine with the Lucas distributor 25D, although I do have a
rough idle which I thought might clear up with the vacuum advance connected.
I have driven the car without the vacuum advance connected for the most
part.  (I have only put on a couple hundred miles since licensing.)

Trevor, sorry if I did not clearly restate your earlier reply.  I took you
to mean that a 25D distributor *advance* cannot be used with a ZS carb.

Len Lubbers
Ottawa, Ontario
'79 Spitfire